Phone: 0409 285 993
Fax: (08) 8376 6287
Email: [email protected]
Currently: Client sessions on Wednesday and Thursday
From April 27, 2020: Client sessions on Monday – Thursday inclusive
Please phone anytime Monday – Friday to discuss your child’s needs, to book an assessment or schedule a session time
Sue is a registered teacher with many years’ experience in primary teaching. She has specialist Maths training in programs designed to support students experiencing difficulties or delays in Maths skills including students with dyscalculia and/or dyslexia.
- QuickSmart Numeracy Intervention
- Ron Yoshimoto Multisensory Maths program – based on the Orton-Gillingham principles
- Singapore Maths
Sue designs individual courses which are explicit, structured, multisensory and manipulative-based for students who are underachieving in Maths. Programs utilised are all evidence -based interventions. Students learn to think mathematically and develop understanding beyond rote memorisation. Programs focus on a fostering a positive attitude towards Maths and the foundational skills including but not limited to:
- Place value and the decimal system
- Basic Mathematical operations of addition, subtraction, multiplication and division
- Basic number fact knowledge and multiplication tables
- Fractions, decimals, percentages and ratios
- Problem solving strategies
- Application of Number knowledge to concepts of Time, Money and Measurement
Sue also offers young people support in Literacy.
- She has specialist training in ‘Teaching Students with Dyslexia’ and follows the Multi-Sensory Playberry Dyslexia Program which is based on the Orton-Gillingham approach.
- Sue also has a Graduate Diploma in Education, specialising in Literacy and Language.
- Sue designs literacy support programs such as ‘The Writing Process’ to suit individual student needs.
Sue believes all children can succeed in improving their reading, writing and mathematical skills. Please contact her to discuss how she can best support your child in their learning.